Friday, September 8, 2006

Draft of self-introduction

I decided to attend the english corner this evening at Xiaoshan park. But an unexpected barbecue pushed me to the DaRunFa shopping mart to buy food for the barbecue dated on tomorrow. This is my draft which i wanted to utter at the park.
Alas...

I'm glad to be here with you today. This is my first time to speak English here. A little bit nervous indeed. The topic in hand is how to make friends, much the problem that was in my mind when i was coming here. How could i make friends here?
First, let me introduce myself. My name is ZhangLei, Yes! the most common name with which much many baby boys born. And i can tell you that i am not the least amazed when i hear people saying "Uhhh! My high school classmate also name ZhangLei." Honestly, it is weird to sit aside with another guy who has the same name with you. But i'm trying getting along with this.
I graduated from college this June. Latter, i became an employee of a semi-conductor firm anchored in the bonded zone. That is to say i am a newcomer here.
Although i am not confident in my english, i have great passion in improving it. One who doesn't utter his English while thirsts for English skill is a fool. I believe this. With a little work on reading, writing and translation, i do have tasted my literal skill sweet, though it still needs further improvement. My oral English, however, is undeveloped in some extent. That is one of the reasons I come here. I'm seeking for a further promotion of the way i speak and the way i think in English.
Finally, I hope i could share the honour to be one of your friends.
Thank you all very much for your patience!

No comments: